Friday, September 9, 2016

The App That Gave Me More Time

I've been told that you have a busier lifestyle while you're in college than when you first enter the workforce. That may not be true for everyone, but I hope that is for me. Between working 20 hours a week, being a full-time student, having leadership positions in organizations, and trying to find internships for the summer, I think I have a total of 45 minutes some days where I don't have to do any of those things or be in a meeting. While I'd love to squeeze in a quick Netflix episode or something in that free time, I usually am spending my time waiting in lines to get my food. Now, I do pack my meals most of the time, but there are just weeks where I get home close to midnight, and I barely have the energy to shower and get myself into some comfy PJs.

Waiting in line was how most of my free time during the day was spent in my sophomore year of college. But then, an app came out that saved me, and that beautiful gift was called Tapingo. I'm not a Brand Ambassador, and unfortunately, I'm not being paid to talk about the company; I just want other students who have hectic schedules to have their days be a little less hectic because I feel you.

Tapingo allows you to order your meals and drinks via your smart phone, and then you can pick it up whenever the food is ready. The app is connected to the Barberitos and The Niche Pizza Company on campus, and it's working on getting Chick-fil-A back on there. It's also connected to other places off-campus, such as Gyro Wrap, Zombie Coffee & Donuts, and D.P. Dough; they also give the option of having your food be delivered rather than only pick up!

When I discovered Tapingo and decided to get the free app, I was skeptical to see how it'd work. I had an unhealthy obsession with Barberitos last semester, and it sucked most of the time out of my 45-minute break since I'd spend about 20-30 minutes of it waiting in line. Then I'd have to scarf down my quesadilla or burrito and rush off to my next class. But when I first used Tapingo, I was able to order exactly what I wanted to go in my burrito or quesadilla, and my order was ready in about five minutes. It was glorious.

I went up to the front of the line, got my order with no errors, and saved myself the usual 20-30 minutes. It was so nice to actually enjoy the food I was eating and to not feel rushed. Now, I put my order in towards the end of class or right as I get out so by the time I get to Tate, it's ready for me. If you know of any other apps that could help us save time, let me know. I could really use it...

No comments:

Post a Comment