Friday, September 16, 2016

The Love-Hate Relationship with Online Shopping

You know that moment when you look at your bank statement and hate yourself for spending all of that money through online shopping? That moment sucks, and it sucks even more when you know you didn't need to buy all of those things. Now, you have cute clothes but nothing to eat for a week because you're broke.




After I had an overflowing closet of useless clothes, shoes, or accessories, I told myself to never do it again. By that, I meant only once every month or so. I'm the worst. Online shopping is so tempting when you have nothing to do, and you don't want to start the entire Grey's Anatomy series for the 12th time...



It's just so easy to start looking around and convincing yourself in that moment that you NEED that new blouse or jacket when you don't NEED anything besides food and more room in your closet. Then you spiral down the hole and convince yourself how you're helping the environment by not driving to the physical store and polluting the very air we breathe.

Now, every time I get that urge to go online shopping, I started just letting myself peruse various sites at a time. I'll add anything I like to my shopping cart and literally make sure that the price gets so high that I just freak out at the thought of actually paying that amount and close the tab. While the freaking out part may be a little dramatic, this silly solution has "cured" my shopaholism. This lets me still enjoy the part where I look at the clothes, but then, I don't end up hating myself for spending all of my money.

You may think it's silly, but shopaholism has many cures, and the path you choose can vary per person. There is no judgement, and we're all here to support each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment